Birthdate: April 9, 2005
Residence: Milverton, ON
Family Members: Father Scott Steckly, Mother Penny Steckly, and Sister Jordyn Steckly
Hobbies: hockey and iRacing
2019 was a very successful year of racing for Kyle and his 24 racing team. Moving into the Ontario Mini Stock Division at Flamboro Speedway was a big jump from Junior Late Models, but Kyle learned quickly how to handle the car at this new track and was able to move through the field quickly to achieve his first win in the Series midway through the year. He followed that up with 2 more wins during the course of the year and consistently was at the front of the pack. Kyle was set to be Rookie of the year in this Series, but due to some mechanical issues was not able to complete enough races to be a contender.
Kyle traveled to Sauble Speedway this summer, to compete in the Summer Showdown Invitational. This was a 50 lap race, with 30 cars from all over Ontario racing to get into the feature. Kyle won his heat race, guaranteeing his spot in the feature where he raced his way to the front and ended up on the podium with a 3rd place finish.
The final race of the year was the biggest Invitational in Ontario at Flamboro Speedway, Frostoberfest. This invitational race night attracted 42 Mini Stocks from all over Ontario, who needed to qualify through time trials to make the 2 50 Lap features. Kyle’s experience at this track and fast car earned him 3rd fastest car in qualifying. With a 3rd place finish in the first 50 lap race and a 10th place finish (after a late race incident) in the 2nd 50 lap race, this put him in 5th place over all. An exciting night and a great way to end his first season in the Mini Stock Series.
In 2020, Kyle has his sights set on a full-time run in the Mini Stock Division at Flamboro Speedway, with a goal of winning the Championship. He also plans on racing in as many Mini Stock Invitational’s as possible, to compete with the best of the best at this level. Kyle is looking forward to another exciting year of racing, learning as much as he can a long the way and working hard towards being the top contender in the field.
He is sponsored by AW Millwrights.
- May 4th – Flamboro Speedway
- May 18th – Flamboro Speedway
- May 25th – Flamboro Speedway
- June 8th – Flamboro Speedway
- June 22nd – Flamboro Speedway
- June 29th Flamboro Speedway
- July 6th – Flamboro Speedway
- July 20th – Flamboro Speedway
- August 3rd – Flamboro Speedway
- August 4th – Sauble Speedway
- August 10th – Flamboro Speedway
- August 17th – Flamboro Speedway
- August 31st – Flamboro Speedway
- September 7th – Flamboro Speedway
- September 14th – Flamboro Speedway
- September 21st – Flamboro Speedway
- September 28th – Flamboro Speedway
- October 5th – Flamboro Speedway
*based off of the 2019 race season schedule and tentative to change
2019 Season Highlights
– at the Sauble Speedway invitational finished 1st and 2nd in the heats, and
3rd in the 50 lap feature, out of 31 cars
– at the Flamboro invitational qualified 3rd, and finished 3rd and 10th in the
two 50 lap features, out of 41 cars
– 2017 Jr. Late Model Rookie of The Year
– 2016 Jr. A Champion (14 races)